Christmas is right around the corner, yet I am 100% unprepared. I haven't gotten ANY gifts at all, for anyone, and my tree isn't even up yet..... FML! Oh well. I still have what, a week? :/ The one thing I can't stand is that it's DECEMBER, Christmas is in a week, and it will officially be winter in what, 5 or 6 days, and it's EIGHTY DAMN DEGREES OUTSIDE. :l Not. Even. Cool. But anyway. Bentley is obsessed with his advent calender with the chocolates in it... It's the first thing he asks for in the morning!
I also can't believe that Rafe is ONE. I can't believe it's been a year and eight days since I had him.... Time truly just flies by when you're a mom! We just had a little cake as a family on his actual birthday, and then next week once my siblings and niece are out of school on Christmas break and things are less crazy for everyone, we're going to have a party with family, just a small thing but just something to celebrate!
Also, I just read this AMAZING book. It's called A Thousand Splendid Suns, written by Khaled Hosseini. I've read a lot of books in my time, but this is by far my most favorite book EVER. As a woman and a mother, this book just touched my heart in so many inexplicable ways.... I'm not only going to recommend this book to you, but I urge you to read it. It's absolutely heartbreaking and tragic, yet hopeful and beautiful at the same time. You will not regret it. It's absolutely beautifully written, and I have never read another book that has touched my heart so much...
Wow almost half-way there! Make sure to post when you find out the gender :). Also I've seen that book in the bookstore and didn't even think to pick it up, but now that you recommend it I I'll take a look!
ReplyDelete