I don't really understand why people feel like if I do anything except take care of my kids and be a housewife, I'm a bad mother. Okay, first off? You don't know me. You don't know who I am. You know my name, that I have two sons, maybe a bit about my family. But honestly? You've never met me, talked to me, carried on a conversation with me, and you never will. WHY do you get to pass judgment? I truly don't understand. Not only is it unfair, but it's unjust. Second off, you obviously are not a mom yourself and know little about children. Because you seem to always look past the fact that they sleep. A lot. And I don't always have something to do while they sleep. So I get on the computer. Thirdly, my online accounts ARE NOT just for online friends. I have family and real life friends, too, thanks. And they want to know what's going on. Fourth, I also know that you most likely have little understanding of what a mother is.
Kay, honestly? Once I became a mom, I lost the right to be anything else? I can't follow my dreams, can't do anything! Why can't I please anyone, no matter what? If I work and go to school, it's bad because I'm leaving my kids and should be taking care of them. If I don't, it's bad because I'm not supporting them. Freaking choose already. Which one is it? And moms have lives. Yes, my kids are the most important things in my life, but they are not the ONLY things in my life. I have other family, other friends, a relationship with my husband, a job, passions. I have feelings and desires and goals that don't actually have anything to do with motherly duties. Am I not allowed to have that anymore? What about your own mom? Do you really have so little respect for her to hold her to the same standards? If I did nothing for myself, what would I even be anymore? Just a mom-robot or something?
So let me say this - until you're a mother, until you've lived my exact life with all the involved circumstances and feelings, until you're perfect, until you're God himself, you have NO right to judge me, or anyone else. None. You may think you do, but you're sadly mistaken. What some nobody says about my over the internet is not going to change the way I act, and it's not going to keep me up at night. But I just thought I'd write this to tell you that I am more than just a mom. I'm a person, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment