Friday, July 15, 2011

Money, money, money!

I seriously hate it. I hate that it rules everything and that people get so CRAZY about it! I just think it's so sad that you can't survive or live well without it.

Anyways. Now that Levi's job is the only income for us, we've had to do some serious budgeting. I brought in a good extra $700 or so every week, and without that it's really rough! Although Levi's job does pay well, that extra money from my job allowed us to not have to worry about budgeting so much. So now we're couponing, etc for groceries. It's a few hours work to sit there, make a list of what we need, look at what's on sale, make a list of what we're going to buy and how much it'll all cost. We're trying to pay with cash for as much as we can, to avoid future debt and spending on stuff we don't need. Giving away cash really does make you think more about what you're buying than swiping your credit card.
It's absolutely crazy how much a child costs. You really do not realize it until you have one. On BabyCenter, they have this Cost Estimater thing. I did it out of curiosity of what I spent for Bentley's first year. It has you enter in how much you think you'll spend, but since I already know what I did spend, It's probably somewhat accurate. Not including insurance/doctor costs, it was $11,684. That's A LOT of money. Especially for teenagers. And we were really frugal on what we spent. Like, if he really didn't need it or might not need it, we didn't buy it, the end. He didn't have a whole bunch of swings/play mats, etc. It's so hard to give your child everything they need and want when you're so young. It really is. Without the help and support of our families, there's no way we could have done it. I am SO thankful to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment