IT'S CHRISTMAS SEASON! :)
Thanksgiving was absolutely lovely. I loved being able to have all my family together in one place! It just strikes me how much people grow and change in a year! Like, this is my brother's very last Thanksgiving where he's not going to have to come back and make plans to visit and stuff, since he'll be going off to college! And then my sister Alexis will be a freshman in high school next year... She's getting so beautiful! I'm going to have to give her a good talking to, because I know all the guys will be all over her! And then my baby sister has gotten so big, too! She's 20 months and running all over! She's really stubborn, but she has a great heart. It's crazy, because last year she was still a baby... Now she's about to be 2 in March! And then I feel like every time I see my nieces&nephew, they get about 10 years older! My niece Halee is SIX. SIXXXX!!!! She'll actually be 7 on December 8th, and I still remember when she was born like it was yesterday! She's the sweetest little girl. She's totally infatuated with babies, always mothering all the smaller kids. She even went up to my belly since she knows I'm pregnant, and she was talking to the baby. It was the CUTEST thing ever. My nephew Kyte just turned 3, and he's gotten so big, too! Him and Bentley are totally partners in crime... I know when they get in school together, they'll be big trouble makers, haha. I'm glad that they get to grow up together! And my little niece Isla is 17 months, so her, Rafe and Sophia will get to grow up together, too. I still think it's funny how Sophia is Isla and Rafe's aunt, yet she's only a few months older than them!
Seeing all of Levi's family was great, too! His younger sister Kirsten is a freshman in college and she's loving it, so that's awesome! And then his other two sisters are doing great, as well! Rebecca is the one that just got married, and then Hailey is out of college and working in a job she loves! So that's awesome. :)
It's just crazy how different everything is now compared to only a short year ago! I mean, a year ago Bentley was 16 1/2 months old and I was trying like heck not to give birth early to Rafe, haha. Now Bentley is 2, Rafe is almost 1 and I'm pregnant! It's just too crazy.
I love the times where we get to spend all day with family, and tell crazy stories about everything we did as kids, bring out the embarassing pictures, etc. I was looking for a Christmas music CD in my parents' TV cabinet, and I found this old VCR tape that was labled "Austin - the first 4 days" and I wanted to watch it SO bad! It brought back all the memories from when we were little, popping the video tape in the VCR player and rewinding it before we could watch it, haha. It was a great day, filled with lots of laughing and some DANG good food. I ate SO much, and I'm SO happy that I didn't get sick! I think I have a cold though, my nose as been all stuffed up and I've had a sore throat from drainage... Not fun!
This post has gotten crazy long so I'll just write my Christmas post in another one... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment