Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Baby prep & pregnancy update!

So I'm now 25 weeks pregnant! Can you believe it? Only 15 weeks to go, and even then maybe less! I'm seriously big now. Someone even made a comment about me being due any day! Uhhh, no ma'am. I only have about 3 and a half more months to go, thanks! ;)
The baby is doing great! He's very active and is developing right on schedule! I'm going to be doing my glucose screening later this week, which I'm dreading. I REALLY do not want to have to do that 3 hour test. I did with Bentley, and it sucked. Plus the drink is so gross!
We're not really doing that well on names. We have a list but none we absolutely love! It's frusturating me, because I don't want to have to settle with a name! I just wish the right name would jump out at me so I could pick it already...
We're trying to decide a theme for his room, too! I want to start getting things together so I know what kind of crib/furniature I want to buy. Bentley's room is ocean themed and Rafe's is animals/Noah's ark type of deal. I was thinking a cowboy room would be cute, and would be able to kind of age a bit better, so I'm trying to think of colors for that...
Also, we're trying to figure out the car seat deal! Right now we're fine. Bentley is front facing and Rafe is rear facing still. We're looking into buying a car for me, so I'm going to have to figure it out. I heard about Radian car seats which are designed to sit 3 in a row, which would be good if I didn't have a car with 3 rows. But my mom suggested that (if we get a car with two captain seats instead of a full row in the 2nd row) we put Bentley and Rafe in the third row, the new baby in the second, and then put one captains seat down (if we find one that does that) for easy access/grocery storage, etc. So I'm trying to figure all that out. But it would be nice to have those Radian carseats for when we go on long trips (pretty often) and need all the back for storage. They're kind of expensive though, so I guess we'll see.
One reason I'm glad we're having a boy is that I can reuse all of Bentley and Rafe's baby clothes! YAY FOR SAVING MONEY! I mean, I practically have all the clothes he'll need, especially in that first little while. Thank God I saved them all.

1 comment: